Newcomer Summer School 2014
Arlington Independent School District
This year the Newcomer Center’s Summer Program will be held at Sam Houston High School.
ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE HELD AT OUR CAMPUS. Summer Schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, June 17th Accelerated Session Begins
- Friday, July 4th Holiday
- Friday, July 11th First Accelerated Session Ends
Transportation will be provided for Newcomer students. Buses will pick up and return students from
/to their respective home High Schools only. Pick up time is 6:45 AM
T u i t i o n i s F r e e t o A l l N e w c o m e r C e n t e r s t u d e n t s .
- The required hours of attendance are mandated by the Texas Education Agency. One unexcused absence is grounds for immediate withdrawal. (Students are not excused to attend ANY type of camp, family reunion or vacation.) No credit is given for students that are withdrawn for attendance reasons.
- The code of conduct applies to all summer school programs, and students removed for disciplinary reasons will not receive credit
- No out of district students will be admitted. Students must live with a parent in Arlington.
- Course approval forms must be signed by a counselor/principal and a parent/guardian in order to register.
Newcomer Center follows the Accelerated Summer Session Schedule
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
2 breaks and a 30 minute supervised lunch
Classes being offered for Newcomer Center Summer School:
- English I , II
- Algebra I, II
- EOC Remediation
- Edgenuity- Edgenuity is an on line computer-based education network that provides a com- prehensive course offering for students in grades 7- 12. It integrates the power of individualized, computer -based instruction with the flexibility of on-line delivery. The Edgenuity program is designed to provide remediation, course recovery, and credit recovery. Edgenuity meets the standards set by the state of Texas in TEKs. Credit recovery is based on mastery. Edgenuity is a self-paced program.
- Jr High Student Success Initiative– SSI (More information to come)
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Transportation will be provided for those students at summer school for a full day. Bus will pick students up at their home high schools ONLY. Students will need to be at the home high school at 6:45 A.M. and they will be dropped off back at their home high school after class