Enter the 2014 Dads' Engagement Essay Contest
This contest is open to students in grades K-12 in Arlington ISD Schools
Contest begins Friday, March 7, 2014
Contest deadline 3:00 p.m. Friday, April, 11, 2014
Winners announced Papa-paloosa Saturday, April 26, 2014
The Dads' Involvement Essay Contest is designed to promote dads' involvement in Arlington ISD schools by letting the children tell the story of why dads' involvement is important to them. The term dad is used as a general reference to any positive male role model in the child's life.
- Topics should be about why dads' engagement is important.
- Entries may be typed, hand written, or submitted online at www.bit.ly/dadessay
- Entries may be delivered to homeroom teachers or to your school's Title 1 Family Services Representative, or Arlington Library.
- The decision of the Essay Judges Committee is final. The Committee will include but is not limited to, local citizens and members of Parent and Family Engagement staff.
- For more information contact Allen lnness 682-867-7204 or email@example.com
Only one entry per student is allowed. Submitted material must be original, must not exceed 500 words, and may be either handwritten or typed. Plagiarism is never acceptable and will be immediately disqualified. Entrants must be students in AISD. Cover sheet must contain student's name, address and phone number, school, grade and teacher's name. Entries will be judged in the following categories; K-second grade, third-sixth grade, Jr. High, and High School.
You could Win!
- 1st from each category — Four free tickets to Six Flags Over Texas.
- 2nd from each category — Four free passes to a Rangers game, date TBD.
- Best of Show — $500 scholarship from Arlington Alliance for youth.
Students who are in eighth grade may apply to attend ACHS beginning in the spring by picking up a paper application from their counselor or by downloading an application. Applicants will be screened to identify that they meet established criteria, included in the application, and then identified applicants will become part of a selection process. Applications are due April 15. Students will be notified of acceptance by the end of May.