8th Grade Washington Field Trip
Greeting Nichols Parents! We are working on a field trip idea to take our wonderful 8th graders to Washington D.C. The trip would be 3-4 days long during the first week of summer vacation. The price for the trip would be between $1200 and $1600. There will be numerous fundraising opportunities to help alleviate the cost of the trip. However there will still be a portion of the cost that will need to be payed. We are trying to see how many of our students and parents are interested in this wonderful opportunity. This trip will be coordinated by an outside party.
If you are interested, please take a moment to CLICK HERE
Dear Nichols Parents/Guardians,
As a campus, we have adopted the expectation that all students should utilize strong organizational habits. In order to accomplish this goal, it is necessary that all students follow the Nichols Junior High Binder Organizational Model.
Beginning this week during our all school Advisory period, students will be setting up their binders. All students will need the following supplies, and we are asking that you send these to school as soon as possible:
- Good quality 3-ring binder, (3 inch rings with pocket inserts on front and back covers)
- Five to six colored tab subject dividers to separate each academic class
- Zipper pouch to store supplies (3-hole punched heavy duty zip-lock bags also work)
- Two or more pens
- Two or more pencils
- Filler notebook paper
- One or more colored highlighters (any colors)
- Assignment calendar for each academic class (provided by teachers)
It is the goal of the district and Nichols Junior High School to equip our students with the right tools and skills necessary to reach their true potential and become successful citizens of our society.
We are off to a great start, and we appreciate your partnership with us!
Carpeta Modelo Organizativo & Útiles escolar
Queridos Padres de Secundaria Nichols / Tutores,
Como un campus, hemos adoptado la expectativa de que todos los estudiantes deben utilizar fuertes hábitos de organización. Con el fin de lograr este objetivo, es necesario de que todos los alumnos siguen la escuela Nichols Carpeta Modelo Organizativo.
A partir de esta semana durante el periodo escolar asesoramiento estamos pidiendo a los estudiantes que envían a la escuela tan pronto como sea posible los siguientes suministros.
- 1 Carpeta durable con tres anillos de 3” con bolsillos en la portada y contraportada.
- Cinco a seis ficha de color tema separadores para separar cada clase académico
- Hojas sueltas
- Dos o más plumas
- Dos o más lápices
- Una bolsa de zíper (para las plumas, lápices y marcadores)
- Uno o más marcadores fosforescente de colores.
- Asignación calendario académico para cada clase se entregará (por el maestro)
La meta del Distrito y la escuela Nichols dotar a nuestros alumnos con las herramientas adecuadas y las habilidades necesarias para llegar a su verdadero potencial y se ha convertido en los exitosos ciudadanos de nuestra sociedad.
Contamos con un gran comienzo, agradecemos su colaboración con nosotros¡
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION AVAILABLE FOR ALL STUDENTS
As part of the district’s strategic plan efforts to actively engage and partner with parents in the educational experience, the Arlington ISD has launched a new, more efficient way for parents to enroll students in the district for the 2014-2015 school year with online pre-registration beginning Friday, Aug. 1. Through infosnap, a secure online enrollment system, families are able to enter a child’s information prior to on-campus registration, thus minimizing wait times and paperwork at registration and ensuring accurate information for all students.
“This new online system will better able us to serve our families by easing the registration process,” Superintendent Dr. Marcelo Cavazos said. “It is an opportunity to eliminate many of the printed forms that must be completed by parents or guardians each year and allow them to complete those forms electronically at a time that is most convenient for them.”
Parents and guardians of returning Arlington ISD students will receive either an email or letter in the mail that has a snapcode and online pre-registration instructions. A snapcode is a unique registration code assigned to each student on a yearly basis. Previously entered data for each student is prepopulated into the infosnap system, making the pre-registration process easier.
Students new to the Arlington ISD do not need a snapcode and those student’s parents and guardians may proceed directly to the infosnap site to begin the pre-registration process.
Before campus registration and schedule pick-up days, parents and guardians are asked to complete the pre-registration process and print a FastPass to allow them to bypass the line for those completing the pre-registration process on-site. Computers will be available at all campuses on assigned registration days for parents to complete the pre-registration process if they do not have access to a computer prior to on-site registration.
For step-by-step instructions and frequently asked questions, click here.
For more information on online pre-registration for a student for prekindergarten 3 or 4, click here.
Registration for returning Arlington ISD students: English | Spanish
Registration for students new to the Arlington Independent School District this year: English | Spanish
Please call 682-867-4628 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Nichols Uniform Policy
- Collared or Crew Neck shirts must be worn at all times (long or short sleeve).
- Allowable colors are Hunter Green, Navy Blue, White, Gray or Black.
- Solid Colors only. No stripes, patterns or insignias allowed.
- Logos cannot be larger than two inches by two inches (2x2) in size.
- Shirts must have sleeves and cover the abdominal area.
- Untucked shirts cannot hang past the tip of the index finger when hands are placed at the side.
Shirts worn under the uniform:
cannot be any color other than those specified above
(no pink, red, orange, yellow, etc. allowed)
cannot hang past the uniform shirt
- Allowable colors are Khaki, Navy Blue, and Black.
- No rips or tears allowed.
- Blue jeans or any “jean like” material bottoms are not acceptable.
- No sagging. Pants should stay on the waist without a belt.
- Shorts and skirts cannot be more than four inches above the knee.
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
- NO SWEATPANTS, TIGHTS, JEGGINGS, or ATHLETIC SHORTS of any color are allowed.
Identification Badges: Students are to wear school identification badges at all times.
- All NJH spirit and organization shirts are acceptable.
- No oversized clothing.
- All students must wear shoes. NO house shoes or slippers allowed.
- Shirts do not have to be tucked in.
- Students are not allowed to cover their heads when wearing hoodie sweatshirts.
- ALL clothing and accessories must follow AISD dress code.
- Clothing should not be a distraction to the learning environment.