TRANSFERS ARE CLOSED FOR THE REST OF THE 2014-15 SCHOOL YEAR.
WAITING LISTS WILL NOT BE CARRIED OVER TO NEXT YEAR.
PARENTS, AISD HAS JUST EXTENDED THE DEADLINE FOR COMPLETING YOUR RENEWAL TRANSFER A WEEK DUE TO THE SCHOOLS BEING CLOSED!
THE NEW DEADLINE FOR ONLINE TRANSFER RENEWALS AND PAYMENT IS FRIDAY, MARCH 6TH.
2015-16 NEW TRANSFERS WILL BE DONE ONLINE!
Transfer applications for the 2015-16 school year will be done online starting Monday, March 2nd at 2:00 p.m. Parents may apply for their student's new transfer online from home or using a computer at your child's school. Applications will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis, according to Board of Trustees priority:
1. In-District employees' children,
2. In-District non-employees' children,
3. Out-of-District employees' children,
4. Out-of-District, city of Arlington, non-employees' children, and
5. Out-of-District, non-city of Arlington, non-employees' children.
Listed below are details about how the online New Transfer Application process will work:
1. All parents must have an email address to request a new transfer. Only requests on the online New Transfer Application system will be processed.
2. Please remember that neither the campus nor the Transfer office will be able to tell you what position you are in or what your chances are of getting a transfer. This process will be entirely online.
3. Online applications for open schools (see list of closed schools below) will be accepted starting Monday, March 2nd at 2:00 p.m. Parents may fill out the application from home, or at your child's campus if you do not have access to a computer.
4. All requests will be checked for accuracy; any inaccurate information may result in your application not being processed.
5. A separate online Application must be completed for each student.
6. You may choose up to three schools to which you would like your child to transfer.
7. You will not pay the $65 transfer fee until the transfer is approved. The transfer fee is non-refundable, regardless of reason.
8. Application submissions will be time-stamped and you will receive an email confirmation of your submission. Please print a copy of your Submission Confirmation for your records.
9. No out-of-District transfers will be processed until August 2015; these requests will be put on waiting lists until August and will be filled in order of Board of Trustees priority and receipt, if there are openings.
10. Online applications will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on Friday, March 6th. The application system will closed at this time and no additional applications will be accepted.
11. March 9th through March 13th is Spring Break.
12. From March 16th through March 20th, schools will verify new sibling transfers and link siblings, and Human Resources will verify Employee status.
13. During the week of March 23rd, the process to assign students will be run. Parents, please check your email for communication regarding your online application. If a message is not in your inbox, be sure to check your spam and junk email folders.
14. All parents will receive notification of process results. If there is not an opening at any of the school(s) you requested, your child's name will be automatically moved to the waiting list(s).
15. If there is an opening at one or more of the schools you requested, you will have 48 hours to log in, choose which school you will accept, and pay the $65 transfer fee, if applicable. If you do not accept the opening and submit the transfer fee (if applicable) before the deadline, the opening will be offered to the next child in line. In addition, any openings you do not accept will be immediately offered to other students. This process will continue until all available openings have been filled by in-District student requests.
15. From March 30th through May 1st, the New Transfer Application system will be open to take names for the waiting list only. In August 2015, schools will process names from waiting lists if additional openings are identified.
SCHOOLS CLOSED FOR TRANSFERS FOR THE 2015-16 SCHOOL YEAR
Timber Oaks (new school)
Corey (kindergarten only)
TRANSFER RENEWALS FOR THE 2015-16 SCHOOL YEAR
1. It's time to renew your child's transfer for the 2015-16 school year! The renewal fee is only $50!
Parents who should renew their child's transfer were mailed a letter with details on February 2nd.
2. Parents will apply and pay online. If you must pay by cash or paper check, you will apply online, print the Submission Confirmation page, and make the cash or paper check payment at the campus. If you do not have access to a computer, your school will have computers available for your use during school hours.
3. Renewals will be done online from Monday, February 2nd at 8:00 a.m. through Friday, February 27th at 3:00 p.m.
4. February will be your ONLY opportunity to renew a transfer. No additional renewals will be available after the month of February.
5. If the online transfer renewal application is not completed and the transfer renewal fee (if applicable) is not paid by 3:00 p.m., February 27th, the student will lose the transfer. There will be no waiting lists; the parent may apply online for a new transfer the week of March 2nd through March 6th.
6. *See below for important information regarding PEG transfers!
For more information regarding transfer renewals, click here.
PEG SCHOOLS FOR THE 2015-16 SCHOOL YEAR
(*If your home school (the school you would attend if you did not have a transfer) is no longer a PEG school in 2015-16 (Lamar, Shackelford, Morton, and Roquemore will not be PEG schools next year), you may renew your transfer but you will need to renew as a Regular transfer, not a PEG transfer. You must now pay the $50 transfer renewal fee.)
Above is a list of AISD schools identified under the Public Education Grant (PEG) Program. This list, effective for the 2015-16 school year, identifies campuses which were rated Academically Unacceptable under the statewide accountability system. A student enrolled in any of these campuses may apply to attend another campus in AISD which is not rated unacceptable. If your child attends any of these PEG schools, you should have received a letter from your school stating that your campus is a PEG campus. If you wish to enroll your student in another AISD school for 2015-16, applications for new transfers will be online from Monday, March 2nd at 2:00 p.m. until Friday, March 6th at 3:00 p.m. Further information regarding new transfers will be posted on this site by February 15. There is no transfer fee unless you choose to transfer into another PEG school. No transportation will be provided. If you have questions about PEG, please see the PEG FAQs on the left side of this page; if you have questions about why your school is a PEG school or the strategies your school will implement, please contact your campus Principal.
If you have further questions about transfers, please call 682/867-4628.