All students interested in joining Key Club, a service based organization, should plan to bring $15 in exact change( please) to Viking Fest. The first 100 paying dues will get a free Key Club t- shirt. Be the first in line to get the correct size. See you at Viking Fest
· Any girls interested in being a part of the lamar girls athletic program but don't like contact sports or heavy conditioning then come be a part of the lamar girls golf team. It's a great life long sport. If you're interested- contact coach hanlan as soon as possible. Her office is under gym a.
· Ooh la, la! The French Club is having its first meeting of the year on Thursday, September 3rd at 2:45pm in Room 1021 on the Foreign Language Hall. We will discuss membership, club t-shirts, determine regular club meeting date/time and provide information for those wishing to become club officers. So, mark it on your calendar…September 3rd at 2:45, Room 1021 and make a French Connection!
· Seniors, please be aware that the only other time to purchase a senior parking spot is at Viking Fest. To purchase your spot you must show proof of having purchased a parking sticker.
· Juniors and Seniors may GPA exempt 2 classes per semester. You may pick up exemption forms in the counseling center. The deadline for GPA exemption is Friday, Sept. 11 by 3pm.
· If you plan on taking a credit by exam, sign up with your counselor by Oct. 9!
· Interested in Scholarships, Competition, Travel? Join the Lamar Robotics team in their quest for a UIL state championship. That’s right, Robotics is now an officially sanctioned UIL event. Information meetings will be today and Wed at 3pm in room 102. See Mr. Walla for more details.
· The scores from the summer administration of STAAR EOC are in. If you tested this summer and want your scores, please see Ms. Thomas in room 255 across from the library.
· Interested in cultural dancing? The first Ballet Folklorico meeting will be on Tuesday, September 8th at 3:00 P.M. in room 1048. ¡Nos vemos!
· Swim Team Try-outs after school on Thursday Sept 3rd. See Coach Dangelmaier for more information.
Attention! Attention!!! Step Team Tryouts are here!!! We are looking for dedicated MALES and females to join the Lieutenant team or Lady Lieutenant team. Yes we are officially trying to start our all male step team!!! So come out gentlemen! Tryout Practice will be Tuesday September 1st and Wednesday the 2nd from 3:00-4:30pm, as well as Thursday September 3rd from 3:00-5:00pm For more information, see Ms. McGee Rm 2113. See you there!!