Information and Links:
Construction Manager: Pogue Construction
Start Construction: Winter 2016
Finish: Spring 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: In Construction
Construction of the addition is ongoing. The addition will house a ninth-grade wing, along with a new kitchen and dining area. The current cafeteria and dining area will be converted into classrooms, including new science labs and art rooms.
The Multipurpose Activity Center, a separate project at Sam Houston, is complete.
- Build Multipurpose Activity Center (separate project - see construction photos)
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Identify and improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, electric, plumbing, exterior, interior finishes, landscaping, parking and roof
- Renovate existing fine arts, career/technical and athletics spaces
- Add new 9th grade center • Add new cafeteria and kitchen
- Repurpose existing cafeteria/kitchen space for classrooms, science labs and art rooms
- Upgrade security cameras (to be done by AISD security department)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.