Research indicates that the single most important factor in determining the success of technology in the classroom is a teacher who is comfortable with and knowledgeable about computers.
Instructional Technology is one of five technology departments in Arlington ISD. Personnel in the department assist teachers, and all staff, to use technology for instructional and administrative purposes.
Responsibilities of the department include:
- Assisting students and teachers to implement technology TEKS
- Providing technology-related training to all staff
- Implementing computer literacy, computer science, multimedia, and web mastering courses at secondary schools
- Managing the campus technology trainer program
- Helping teachers and administrators understand technology certifications includingTechnology Applications EC-12,
Technology Applications 8-12, Computer Science, Teacher Technology Competencies Certification (TTCC), and
Master Teacher Technology Certification (MTTC)
- Implementing the district’s Media Fair
Instructional Technology Website
1111 W. Arbrook Boulevard
Arlington, TX 76015
Email Barry Fox