BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute with the Arlington ISD. In order for us to provide a timely response to your application, please be sure to read the information below in its entirety.
Requirements for a Substitute Teacher
1. Applicants must have at least 45 hours of college credit and be able to submit an official transcript. Applicants with transcripts from a college or university located outside the United States must have the transcripts evaluated by an accredited international degree equivalency evaluator before submitting documents. (Paraprofessional Substitutes will need to submit a high school diploma, GED or college transcript).
2. Applicants must complete an online application which includes an online skill assessment called TeacherInsight. (Paraprofessional Substitutes will not need to complete the assessment)
3. Applicants are required to be fingerprinted. The cost for fingerprinting is approximately $52 and is the responsibility of the applicant. This is a one-time fee and process that is valid for any school district in the state of Texas.
4. Applicants must have valid email address in order to receive fingerprinting information and other communications from the Substitute Services. If you do not have an email address, you can create one for free here.
5. Must attend a substitute orientation.
The Application Process
Please complete the online application for Substitute Teacher. All requested items (TeacherInsight, transcripts, diplomas, certifications, etc.) must be completed and attached to the application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Once the application is complete, the Substitute Services department will review the information. Once the application has been approved a State Fingerprint pass (Fast Pass) in your name will be emailed to you. You will be given instructions on how to complete the fingerprinting process.
When the application and background check has been approved, the Substitute Services will schedule you to an orientation date, and will notify you via email.
2015-2016 Substitute Pay Rates
Short-term Professional Substitute Teaching Jobs (1-10 days)
Long-term Professional Substitute Teaching Jobs (11 or more consecutive days on any combination of assignments)
Long-term Professional Substitute Teaching Jobs (21 or more consecutive days on same assignment)*
|Degreed and Certified in Subject Area
||$125/day (starting on day 1 of assignment)
*Assignments must be requested by principal and approved by HR in advance
FAQ | Benefits Information | Substitute Handbook
CONTINUE TO APPLICATION
If you have any questions, please contact Substitute services at email@example.com.
Arlington ISD | 1203 W. Pioneer Parkway | Arlington, TX 76013 | 682-867-7290
ARLINGTON ISD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER