REPORT FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE
The Board of Trustees and Superintendent of the Arlington Independent School District are committed to maintaining public trust and the financial integrity of the District. To this end, internal controls have been implemented to safeguard District assets and to ensure that District funds are spent in strict accordance with Board policy and the annual budget adopted by the Board.
To help safeguard District assets and ensure financial integrity, the Board and Superintendent offer an avenue for reporting suspected financial fraud, waste and abuse. You may report suspected financial fraud, waste, and abuse to the District by completing and submitting the information below. Your report will be submitted directly to the office of the Internal Auditor for review and appropriate investigation.
The Fraud, Waste and Abuse Reporting System should be used to report the following:
- Theft of District assets (property or money)
- Misuse of District assets
- Conflicts of interest
- Waste/abuse of District resources
The Fraud, Waste and Abuse Reporting System should NOT be used to report the following:
- Personnel grievances (salaries, discrimination, workplace conditions, etc.). These issues should be reported in accordance with Board Policy DGBA (LOCAL), Employee Complaints/Grievances.
- Sexual harassment complaints. Sexual harassment complaints should be reported in accordance with Board Policy DIA (LOCAL), Sexual Harassment/Sexual Abuse.
- Complaints against teachers regarding student grades, discipline, or extracurricular participation. These issues should be reported in accordance with Board Policy FNG (LOCAL), Student Rights and Responsibilities: Student and Parent Complaints/Grievances.
You may remain anonymous when filing a report, or you may ask that your identity be kept confidential. Keep in mind that it may be more difficult to investigate the allegation if you do not identify yourself in your report, as it may be necessary to ask you for additional information. If you request that your identity remain confidential, the office of the Internal Auditor will disclose your identity only to those individuals assigned to review the complaint.
The more information you can provide, the better chance the office of the Internal Auditor will have of determining whether an illegal act or violation of District policy has been committed.