September 18, 2020
We have been working hard on campus getting ready for hybrid instruction.
- We have put together an updated guidebook that you can view here. I strongly suggest you look at this with your child. It is long, but has a lot of valuable information.
- I have also put together a short video highlighting some important points of the guidebook, and you can access that here.
- And, sometimes, students need to hear from students, they can watch this short video here.
TRADUCCIÓN EN ESPAÑOL DISPONIBLE:
These resources did not happen overnight. I could not be prouder of the faculty and staff for coming together to make these possible.
I’ve answered a lot of emails and phone calls this week. I am happy to, but thought many other people might have the same questions.
Can I switch between hybrid and virtual learning?
- Yes, although it will take a few days to go from virtual to hybrid. The process to go from hybrid to virtual will be much shorter, usually by the next school day. This can be done at any time. You do not have to wait for a specific grading period. To make this decision, please contact your child’s counselor.
Are students expected to bring an electronic device with them to school on a daily basis?
- Yes, students will primarily be working from their devices, even when at school.
I’ve been using a desktop at home, and now I need a Chromebook. What do I do?
- Use the link below to sign up for a Chromebook
Supplies of Chromebooks are very scarce. Please only use this if you NEED a Chromebook.
Can I take UIL courses in person and everything else virtually?
- Students coded as virtual students can attend HS Athletics, HS Choir, HS Band, HS Orchestra, HS Drill Team, HS JROTC, and select CTC courses in-person and still remain virtual. Directors of these programs will communicate the details of this opportunity to students. In these courses, students can attend in-person anytime the course is on their schedule regardless of the hybrid alpha-split. If a virtual learner chooses to attend one of these courses in-person they will need to know that transportation is not provided. These students would also still be coded as virtual learners in TEAMS.
I have two children in the same household with different last names. Can I change their days?
- We are doing this on a case by case basis. If you need to change, please email me directly with a rationale of why you are making your request. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to stay through lunch if I have an off period or a course at another campus?
- At this stage of planning, all students need to stay campus through lunch. We may adjust this at a later date.
Important Message for Bus Riders
Parents, if you need your student to ride the bus, please make sure that you register by September 25.
1: Go to this link to verify if you qualify to ride the bus: here
If you do qualify, take note of the pick-up intersections and bus number that is assigned to your area. You will need this information to enter it in the registration form.
2: Registration form: https://tinyurl.com/yxlld278
Parking on Campus
Sign-up for parking using our online Student Parking Form and pay the fee at our AHS Bookkeeper’s website. Reserve your spot for $55 or pull into a Non-Reserved space for $35. Parking permits will be delivered to students’ classes the week of Sept. 28 – Oct. 2.
(The Non-Reserved parking fee has recently been reduced from $40 to $35. Students who have already paid $40 will be contacted regarding the difference.)
We will continue to update teacher newsletters every Friday. I will always place the link in my weekly parent message. See below to access your child’s classes.
AHS Boys Soccer Spirit Wear is now available for purchase online! https://tinyurl.com/y58tbene
Please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Thank you for your continued support of our school!!!
Kick ‘em Colts!!!
THE Arlington High School