May 21, 2020
Thank you for your continued support as we close out the year. If you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. You can reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org I will warn you that I may not have the answers, but will try my best to get them.
I know many of you have questions regarding graduation. We will get that information to you as soon as we find out, but I would also encourage you to follow the latest news and information at the following district site:
TRADUCCIÓN EN ESPAÑOL DISPONIBLE:
We will not have a traditional senior awards this year. We will release a Senior Awards Slide Show on May 25th. Links to watch the slide show will be sent via InTouch message. The same system used to send out Dr. Dhalla’s weekly message, so if you know a senior family that is not signed up make sure they do so here: https://tinyurl.com/y57j9hft
(If you received a text message to get to this website, you are already signed up!)
To order transcripts use this link:
Class of 2020 we know you missed out on Prom and Mardi Gras Madness, but we still want to celebrate you. We know it wont make up for the lost opportunity, but join us in the West Lot from 1-3 on Wednesday, May 27, Thursday, May 28, or Friday, May 29 for a drive-by pick up. Drive into the West Lot at the entrance closest to Fielder. We will have a graduation yard sign and a surprise for you. When you come, you must be in a vehicle. Have a large sheet of paper with your name and ID number on it that you can place on the inside window of the car. When we mark your name off the list, we will place a large number on your windshield. Follow the line to pick up your sign and surprise!
SENIORS MUST BE PRESENT TO PARTICIPATE.
Check out the End-Of-Year news in thePTA Newsletter:
Drop-off and Pick-up Items Essential Items
Many of you have asked about when you can come to get items left at the school. We have been given guidelines about setting up that process for essential items only. There will be more detailed information to come, but first I want to find out who has essential personal items to retrieve. If you plan on retrieving items that are not in an athletic or fine arts space, please fill out the form at the link below as soon as possible so we can get our schedule arranged.
Here are some things to consider:
- Only students who will NOT return to any school in AISD next year need to turn in technology or text books. (This refers primarily to seniors)
- Students who WILL return to an AISD school for next school year may keep the district-issued technology and textbooks through the summer.
ESSENTIAL Personal items to pick up could include:
- Lunch boxes
- Cell phones
General school supplies are not considered essential items at this time.
We will send an email with details for item retrieval to those who complete the form. It is very important that we have your information in order to prepare properly. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process.
Athletics and Fine Arts have their own schedule listed below for item drop off and retrieval from fine art and athletic spaces (not common areas like classrooms or school lockers)
Thursday, May 21st and Friday, May 22nd
Seniors Text Book and Technology Drop Off
Seniors can come to drop off Technology and Text books on May 21st and 22nd from 9AM-12PM by E-Hall entrance.
Athletics and Fine Arts Drop Off and Pick Up
- Athletic equipment and uniforms
- Students can retrieve items from athletic lockers
|Golf||May 21||Gym D||Tennis||May 22||Gym D|
|Football||May 21||MAC||Soccer||May 22||MAC|
|Track/CC||May 21||MAC||Softball||May 22||MAC|
|Cheerleading||May 21||Field House||Tennis||May 22||Gym D|
|Volleyball||May 21||Gym A (North Side)||Drill Team||May 22||Field House|
|Wrestling||May 21||Gym A (North Side)||Basketball||May 22||Gym A (East Side)|
|Baseball||May 22||Gym A (East Side)|
- Fine arts equipment, instruments and uniforms
- Students can retrieve items from Fine Art lockers
|Band||May 21 & 22||Outside Band Hall|
|Orchestra||May 21 & 22||Outside Orchestra Hall|
|Choir||May 21 & 22||Outside Choir Hall|
- Items for drop off should be placed in a disposable bag with students name on it.
If you need to pick up items
A few guidelines for picking up items:
- No more than one parent may accompany each student into the building to retrieve essential items. (Although a parent is not required for entry.)
- Students, staff and parents must screen themselves before coming into school for:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 if exposure to the active confirmed case occurred within the last 14 days
Individuals with any of the symptoms listed above should not come to the campus. An alternate date can be arranged with Dr. Dhalla for the student to turn-in district-owned items and retrieve their essential personal items.
- Students, staff and parents must wear a face mask or covering while entering school facilities and in the presence of others.
- Students and parents entering the building to retrieve essential personal items should proceed directly to their locker, classroom, locker room or fine arts hall upon entering the building.
- Individuals should not congregate and should maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from one another.
- You can leave student supplies and non-essential personal items at the school until school resumes. Items can be retrieved at that time.
- You are not required to pick-up student personal items, such as classroom supplies.
Thank you for your patience as we work out logistics and planning for this.
Kick ‘em Colts!!!
THE Arlington High School