Organizations and Clubs
- Academic Decathlon*
- Chess Club
- Debate and Oral Interpretation Team
- Health Occupation Students of American
- Key Club
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- National Honor Society*
- PALS- Peer, Assistant and Leadership*
- Photography Club
- Quiz League
- Spanish Club
- Student Council*
- Thespian Society*
Arlington High School's Colt Theatre, Troupe # 2280, is a proud member of the International Thespian Society.
As a part of Colt Theatre after school productions, students have an opportunity to collect points for the roles and responsibilities they complete each year. Once a student has 10 Thespian Points, they are eligible to be inducted into the International Thespian Society, Troupe # 2280.
After induction, students continue to accumulate points based on how many shows they work on, and attain honor rankings. These honors are awarded at the end of their senior year, at our banquet, and include honor cords that they wear at graduation ceremonies.
It is an honor to become a member of our troupe, and students members become leaders in our department both on and off stage.
Why Join ITS?
- You get a membership card, certificate, and induction pin at the induction ceremony at our Theatre Banquet at the end of the year.
- You receive print and digital subscriptions to Dramatics magazine, the only publication exclusively for theatre students.
- You are eligible to run for Theatre Officer on campus.
- Opportunities to attend the ITS state and national events like the International Thespian Festival and Texas Thespians.
- You receive ITS Honor Cords to wear at graduation ceremonies.
- Looks great on your resume for college!
Sponsors are Lynne Varelans and Corey Cox