My name is Gabriell Johnson, and I am the Speech Language Pathologist Asst. at Ashworth Elementary. A Speech Language Pathologist works with students to help them with articulation, language, fluency, and voice disorders that affect their academic performance and daily life.
I attended Texas Woman’s University, where I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders. I am a licensed Speech Language Pathologist Asst. in Texas. I currently live in Arlington with my son Jaylen.
This is my sixth year here at Ashworth, and I’m very excited about this upcoming school year! I truly enjoy what I do, and I love working with your children! If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to e-mail me or give me a call. My conference time and schedules vary daily, so e-mailing might be the best way to contact me. We are going to have a fantastic year and work extremely hard! Thank you for allowing me to work with your amazing children!
Message to Parents:
- Children may be enrolled in speech classes if their speech and/or language adversely affect their educational performance for remediation of Articulation, Voice, Stuttering, Language or Hearing Impairments.
- A child may be referred by a parent or teacher.
- The child’s speech and/or language must impact their educational performance in order to be eligible for services.
- Should you have any questions about the process for referrals or wish to discuss your child’s current program please feel free to contact me.
- Speech and language goals are most successful when there is carryover at home. Every six week period, your child will receive a speech progress report. In this report, I discuss what we are currently working on, which can then be utilized at home.
- Please make sure that I have your must current e-mail and other contact information so that I can continue to stay in touch regarding your child’s speech program.
New Incoming Students:
- If your child already has a Speech Only IEP or Service Plan from an outside agency, please call me to discuss that information.
- Please feel free to speak to me regarding any of your concerns about your child’s speech and language skills via email or phone call.