Reasonable Expectations for Self-care in the Classroom or Restroom:
- Each teacher will have a supply of Band-Aids, and disposable gloves in the classroom.
- First indications of stomachache, headache, nausea, dizziness or "not feeling well:"
- put head on desk to rest
- go to the bathroom, get a drink
- sit trash can by desk
- see if lunch helps
- wait a little while to see if it will go away.
- Students with braces should bring their own wax. Wax is not kept in the clinic.
- Contact lenses:
- Student should provide their own solution for cleaning/reinserting lenses.
- Students who wear contact lenses to school should be able to insert and remove the lenses themselves.