Campus Role: Teacher
Campus Team: Art, Electives, Fine Arts
UIL Academic Sponsor
Bachelor’s Degree from Sam Houston State University in History and Minor in Art
Christina Blank is the recipient of the Mirabeau B. Lamar Award of Excellence.
The Mirabeau B. Lamar award is given to outstanding achievers who overcome personal difficulties or hardships and excel at challenges presented in life while making the community and nation stronger.
Supplies list 2021-2022
- Sketch book– any size (will use as notebook/ textbook)
- Scissors, X-acto blade
- Colored pencils (not map pencils)
- Watercolor paints (Prang brand preferred)
- Graphite pencils
- Glue sticks 3-5,
- Kleenex– two boxes
- Paper towels– 3 rolls per student minimum please (bounty and viva preferred… work better in art classes)
- Container to hold supplies.
Art Class Guidelines:
- Respect for All (people and property)
- The class will create a social contract on behavior
- Art projects may be taken home, but must be back in class each day
|Intervention– 8:45 – 9:15||Subject Taught|
|1st – 9:19 to 10:09||Art II|
|2nd – 10:13 to 11:03||Art II|
|3rd – 11:07 to 11:57||Advanced Art|
|4th – 12:01 to 12:58||Conference|
B lunch – 12:28 – 1:28
|5th – 1:32 to 2:22||Art II|
|6th – 2:26 to 3:16||Art I|
|7th – 3:20 to 4:10||Art I|
- Journal 10%
- Classwork (technique practice) 20%
- Project 30%
- Participation 30%
- Observation 10%
- Extra credit:
- It is given as project points. These are extra art projects done outside of class or extras done in class.
- Each student is assessed by skill level, and graded at the appropriate skill level.
- If a student has a issue with a project, they may request an alternative assignment.
- Late Work:
- It is important for you to turn your work in on time.
- All assignments are due on the due date.
- Grades will be entered as a zero until work is completed.
- Make up work:
- The assignment will be posted on Canvas, the student will have the same number of days missed to make it up.
- A zero will be placed in the gradebook until turned in.