A student’s conduct is related to his/her clothing. Therefore, the school is directly concerned with student dress. Boles Bulldogs follow the AISD Student Dress Code as outlined in the AISD Code of Conduct. Students are expected to dress in such a manner as to contribute to the academic environment, not detract from it. The school administration has the right to consider any current fashion to determine its acceptability for school wear. Clarification regarding apparel should be obtained PRIOR TO WEARING IT TO SCHOOL.
Students who violate the Dress Code will be referred to the office where they will have to correct the problem. They may be given clothing to wear, zip ties to hold up pants, or they may be asked to call a parent for replacement clothing. Students in violation of this dress code will be subject to disciplinary consequences as determined by the school’s administration. School district dress code applies to all school activities including dances.
Any clothing, accessories, symbols, jewelry or other paraphernalia, which depicts or suggests association with a gang, secret society, or fraternity, shall not be brought to school, worn to school, or in any way, be present at a school-sponsored event.
STUDENT DRESS CODE
- No obscene or offensive clothing, jewelry, or accessories. This includes items that may be used as weapons; accessories having drug, sexual emblems, tobacco or alcoholic beverage references or designs; or clothing with sexually suggestive words or designs. Any clothing, jewelry, or accessories with decorations, patches, lettering advertisements, etc. that may be considered obscene or offensive are not to be worn to school. This includes any clothing, jewelry or accessories having criminal street gang identifiers, accessories that may be used as weapons, and accessories having drug, sex, tobacco or alcoholic beverage references or designs.
- Form-fitting garments such as spandex may only be worn with another layer of clothing which meets the dress code.
Crop tops, tube tops, halters and spaghetti straps are unacceptable (Anything less than two inches is considered a spaghetti strap). Strapless dresses without jackets are unacceptable
- The display of cleavage is unacceptable. Low cut blouses, tops, sweaters, etc. with plunging necklines are not allowed.
- The length of an untucked shirt must be no longer than the tip of the longest finger with the student’s hand fully extended down the side of the student’s leg.
- Transparent and/or see-through material is considered unacceptable.
- Shirts/tops must touch the waist of pants/skirts at all times (i.e. when in movement, when arms are extended or raised, and when in seated position, etc.)
- A boy’s shirt must cover the entire crown of the shoulder.
- The length of a skirt/dress/skort must be a minimum of half the distance between the fingertips and the top of the knee when the student’s hand is fully extended down the side of the student’s leg.
- When measuring skirts, dresses, or skorts that have slits, the length will be determined by measuring from the top of the slit.
- The minimum length of shorts must be no shorter than the tip of the longest finger with the student’s hand fully extended down the side of the student’s leg.
- Torn, cut/slashed or frayed material that reveals any area of skin or undergarment is considered inappropriate
- No pajama bottoms, sleep wear or lounge wear
- Students shall wear their trousers/pants or overalls properly at the waist. No sagging.
- All students must wear shoes at all times. House shoes and slippers are prohibited.
- Students must wear athletic footwear in order to participate in any physical education class.
- Hair should be kept neat, clean, and reasonably styled.
- Any type of head covering is unacceptable. Religious exceptions must be cleared by the principal.
- Proper undergarments must be worn but not visible.
- Chains or spiked jewelry are unacceptable.
- Mouth “grillz” are not permitted. The determination of what constitutes a “grill” is within the discretion of the principal.
- Students are not permitted to write on themselves or each others’ body parts or clothing that is being worn by another student.
- IDENTIFICATION BADGES/ID POLICY
- All junior high and high school students shall wear their AISD - issued student identification badges or temporary badges at all times while on a school campus or attending school related extracurricular activities.
- Badges must be visible to all AISD employees at all times. Badges cannot be worn underneath clothing and cannot be carried in a student’s pocket, backpack, bag, purse, etc.
- Students may not draw or deface the front of the ID badge. If the front of the ID is defaced, the student will be required to purchase a new ID.
- Students must have an ID in order to have access to lunch daily.
- If a student loses or defaces an ID, the replacement ID will cost $5. IDs may be purchased in the library before or after school.
DRESS CODE or ID VIOLATION
1st Violation: 1 Morning D-hall
2nd Violation: 1 Lunch D-hall
3rd Violation: 1 After School D-hall
4th Violation: 2 After School D-hall
5th Violation: Saturday School