Prohibited Items Subject to Confiscation
Students should leave book bags or backpacks in their locker as these items may not be brought into the classroom. All Boles students should ring their binder, planner, and other necessary supplies to class each period.
- Telecommunication devices - digital and video cameras, etc.
- Head coverings: caps, wave caps, bandanas, sweatbands
- Wallet chains
- Spiked jewelry
- Laser pens
- Sharpies/Permanent Markers
- Pillows and blankets
- Basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, tennis balls not supplied by the school
- Skateboards or roller blades
- Any other item as deemed necessary by assistant principals.
If a student has any of these items at school, it will be confiscated until a parent can pick up the item. Other items may be added to the list during the year if the administration determines it causes any kind of disruption to the learning environment.
Random Metal Detector and Bag Searches
Since April 1993, the AISD has used metal detectors to screen for weapons, drugs, and other contraband. Students and their personal property, including their lockers, are subject to search. Random searches are done each week for the safety and protection of all members of this learning community. Students should follow the directions of the administrators and security personnel during the searches. The school district has also authorized the use of dogs to check lockers and book bags for weapons, drugs, and other contraband.