For the Year 2020-2021
National Junior Honor Society
Info for 8th graders: An email with the link to the NJHS application will be sent to the student email address of all eligible 8th graders who were enrolled at Boles as 7th graders during the first week of school. All applications will be completed online and will be due by 5:00 pm on Sept. 4. See the flyer in the 7th grade section for information on eligibility requirements. Dues this year will be $30 with a t-shirt and $20 without a t-shirt. Payment will be due when t-shirts are delivered and more information will be given closer to that time. This year’s induction ceremony will be held in May. Communication about informational videos and meetings will be sent out via the NJHS Remind. How to join the Remind if you have not already will be included on the application. If you are new to Boles and meet the requirements for NJHS, please send a copy of your membership certificate from another chapter or a copy of your report card from last year to Mrs. Blasingame or Ms. Prichard. You must complete the official application in order to become a member of NJHS even if you were sent a community service points sheet in May. Those were sent to allow students to earn service hours over the summer, but they do not make you an official member of NJHS.
Info for 7th graders: NJHS membership is limited to 8th graders. If you are interested in being a part of NJHS next year, see this flyer for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Blasingame (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Prichard (email@example.com).
Boles Junior High NJHS Point Sheet directions
You must have 40 hours to earn a service pin. It does not matter if they are school or community hours. The three people with the highest total of hours will receive medals. We do not yet know when we will be able to give out the service pins and medals. It will probably be in the summer possibly in conjunction with an 8th grade awards ceremony.
To earn credit for your community service and earn a NJHS service pin, follow the below steps:
- Fill out your point sheet to include your FIRST and LAST name
- Total the community service hours
- Write the total hours on the sheet- CIRCLE this number.
- IF we cannot read your point sheet, we cannot verify your hours.
- Make sure you add in the points for attending meeting that was sent out via remind earlier. (search the remind history to locate if you did not do this.)
- If you did not get a signature for hours worked at school event, write sign in sheet in signature space.
- If you earned hours during school shut down by creating cards or chalk art, you should have sent evidence to us via remind or email. We have recorded this on our sign in sheets. Write sign in sheet for signature.
- Send your completed community service sheet to Mrs. Blasingame or Ms. Prichard using NJHS remind OR email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com