Project Status: In Construction
Construction started last summer and should mostly wrap up this summer. Much of the parking lot was demolished and redone with concrete. Mechanical renovations included many new roof-top units. Much of the roof was redone. Windows were replaced along the north side of the building and a new front-entrance glass curtain wall was installed. Renovations were done for the ag lab, engineering lab, woodshop and photo lab. A new dance room, formerly a weight room, was built, and the field house was renovated. Renovations in the auditorium, with a new sound system, lights and seating, are complete. Work this summer includes some landscaping, finishing the front-entrance curtain wall and punch-list items.
- Build Multipurpose Activity Center - separate project: construction began fall 2015 and concluded fall 2016 (see construction photos)
- Upgrade fine arts spaces
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Identify and improve existing site accessibility
- Upgrade existing athletic dressing facilities
- Add additional card access controls
- Replace parking
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, plumbing, windows, exterior, exterior doors and landscaping
- Replace portions of roof
- Upgrade security cameras (to be done by AISD security department)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.