Information and Links:
STEM, STRINGS & VESTIBULE
Architect: Hahnfeld Hoffer Standford
Construction Manager: W.B. Kibler
Start Construction: Spring 2017
Finish: Summer 2017
LIFECYCLE & DEFICIENCY
Architect: VLK Architects
Construction Manager: Big Sky Construction
Start Construction: Spring 2019*
Finish: Winter 2019*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Complete/In Construction
Construction for Stage One - the two new STEM labs, strings room and security vestibule - is complete.
The second bond project at Burgin - lifecycle and deficiency work - is underway now that school is out for the summer. Burgin is geting new carpet and paint throughout the building, and roof-top HVAC units will be replaced. The school is also getting a new fire alarm system.
Bond-funded work at Anderson is being done in two stages. The first stage includes adding two STEM labs, a strings room and security vestibule. The second stage includes a number of life-cycle and deficiency upgrades.
- Add two STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair roof
- Repair/replace and upgrade fire alarms, heating and A/C, plumbing, interior finishes, exterior, playground and landscaping
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.