Information and Links:
Construction Manager: Joeris General Contractors
Start Construction: Summer 2016
Finish: Summer 2017
Project Status: Complete
Construction is complete at Jones Academy. The school hosted a dedication ceremony May 27, 2017.
Though not bond-funded, construction of an addition at Jones is now underway. The addition will include ten classrooms and a new gymnasium. The final auger cast pile was drilled March 4, and now grade beam forms are being built and poured. The first concrete pour for grade beams was May 20.
Roquemore Elementary was transformed into the Jimmy and Laura Jones Academy of Fine Arts and Dual Language and the building was completely renovated to ensure it supports the academy’s unique programming.
- Add state-of-the-art fine arts spaces like strings rooms, piano practice rooms, theater arts rooms, 2D and 3D art labs and dance studios
- Add two STEM labs
- Remodel library
- Add extended learning areas
- Make structural improvements to lengthen the life of the building
- Make Life-cycle and deficiency replacements and upgrades
- Add Outdoor performance area (amphitheater - funded through a partnership with Texas Trust Credit Union)
This report includes highlights of projects and is not comprehensive.