Information and Links:
Construction Manager: Pogue Construction
Start Construction: Winter 2016
Finish: Spring 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: In Construction
The new ninth-grade classroom wing, along with a new admin area, opened for the start of school, and the new dining hall addition opened for students Dec. 11. The old cafeteria and dining area is now being converted into classrooms, including new science labs and art rooms. Many other renovations in the fine arts, career/tech and athletics areas are finished or will conclude soon. In addition, all AC units have been replaced. Other deficiency work, including renovations in the auditorium, will continue throughout the school year.
The Multipurpose Activity Center, a separate project at Sam Houston, is complete.
- Build Multipurpose Activity Center (separate project - see construction photos)
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Identify and improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, electric, plumbing, exterior, interior finishes, landscaping, parking and roof
- Renovate existing fine arts, career/technical and athletics spaces
- Add new 9th grade center
- Add new cafeteria and kitchen
- Repurpose existing cafeteria/kitchen space for classrooms, science labs and art rooms
- Upgrade security cameras (to be done by AISD security department)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.