Project Status: In Construction
The new ninth-grade classroom wing, along with a new admin area, opened at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year, and the new dining hall addition opened for students in December 2017. The old cafeteria and dining area has now being converted into classrooms, including new science labs and art rooms.
Many other renovations in the fine arts, career/tech and athletics areas are finished or will conclude soon. In addition, all AC units have been replaced. Other deficiency work, including renovations in the band area, are going on this summer. Renovations in the auditorium are beginning this month.
The Multipurpose Activity Center, a separate project at Sam Houston, is complete.
- Build Multipurpose Activity Center (separate project - see construction photos)
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Identify and improve existing site accessibility
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, electric, plumbing, exterior, interior finishes, landscaping, parking and roof
- Renovate existing fine arts, career/technical and athletics spaces
- Add new 9th grade center
- Add new cafeteria and kitchen
- Repurpose existing cafeteria/kitchen space for classrooms, science labs and art rooms
- Upgrade security cameras (to be done by AISD security department)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.