Project Status: In Construction
Wimbish had lots of construction throughout the campus over the summer, but now most work is complete, including renovations in the areas that house the new STEM labs, strings room and front-entrance security vestibule. The reception was renovated and many windows and carpet throughout the building were replaced. The campus also received major mechanical renovations, including 56 new roof-top units. Water fountains throughout the building were also replaced, and renovations to the K-pod were completed. See below for a more extensive list of the project scope.
- Add 2 STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Replace and add parking
- Replace roof
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, plumbing, interior finishes, exterior, windows, playground, landscaping and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) flooring, roof and heating and A/C
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.