Information and Links:
Address: 1601 Wright Street Arlington, TX 76012
Architect: BRW Architects
Construction Manager: Core Construction
Start Construction: Winter 2018
Finish: Fall 2018*
*Dates are projections and subject to change.
Project Status: Complete
Work at Wimbish is finished. Renovations were done in the areas that house the new STEM labs, strings room and front-entrance security vestibule are done. The reception was renovated and many windows and carpet throughout the building were replaced. The campus also received major mechanical renovations, including 56 new roof-top units. Water fountains throughout the building were also replaced, and renovations to the K-pod were completed.
A second project was completed in the spring of 2020. That scope included improving drainage, new landscaping at the front of the building, a new, wider sidewalk at the front, and a new awning at the front entrance.
- Add 2 STEM labs
- Add strings classroom
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Upgrade technology connectivity
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Replace and add parking
- Replace roof
- Add additional card access controls
- Repair/replace and upgrade heating and A/C, plumbing, interior finishes, exterior, windows, playground, landscaping and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) flooring, roof and heating and A/C
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.