Project Status: In Construction
Work began last fall. First, an electrical utility line had to be moved to make way for the construction of a 5,750-square-foot addition to house a new library. The new line was completed in December, then groundwork and construction for the addition began. Construction is ongoing. In addition, a new fire lane has been built and poured. HVAC improvements were made, and two chillers and one boiler have been installed. Work in the existing building included gutting the old library and converting the space into STEM labs.
- Add 2 STEM labs and strings classroom
- Build new library
- Upgrade technology connectivity (new fiber)
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Add additional card access controls
- Replace roof
- Add parking
- Repair/replace and upgrade landscaping, heating and A/C, plumbing, interior finishes and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) flooring, roof and heating and A/C
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.