Information and Links:
Address: 3300 Pimlico Drive Arlington, TX 76017
Architect: KAI Texas
Construction Manager: Pogue Construction
Start Construction: Summer 2018
Finish: January 2020
Project Status: Substantially Complete
The new 5,750-square-foot library addition is now open! Students started using the new library for the first time in January. The old library space was renovated and turned into STEM labs. Other projects at Wood included a new fire lane and HVAC improvements.
Compare Wood’s old library with the new library.
- Add 2 STEM labs and strings classroom
- Build new library
- Upgrade technology connectivity (new fiber)
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Add additional card access controls
- Replace roof
- Add parking
- Repair/replace and upgrade landscaping, heating and A/C, plumbing, interior finishes and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) flooring, roof and heating and A/C
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.