Project Status: In Construction
Work began in the fall. First, an electrical utility line had to be moved to make way for the construction of a 5,750-square-foot addition to house a new library. The new line was completed in December, then groundwork for the addition began. Now, construction of the addition is underway. In addition, a new fire lane has been built and poured. HVAC improvements are also underway and two chillers and one boiler have been installed. Work in the existing building is just getting started now that school is out. The old library has been gutted and is being converted into STEM labs. The new library is scheduled to be finished at the end of October.
- Add 2 STEM labs and strings classroom
- Build new library
- Upgrade technology connectivity (new fiber)
- Improve existing site accessibility
- Add secure entry vestibule
- Add additional card access controls
- Replace roof
- Add parking
- Repair/replace and upgrade landscaping, heating and A/C, plumbing, interior finishes and site lighting
- Replace K-pod (kindergarten building) flooring, roof and heating and A/C
- Upgrade security cameras and PA system (to be done by AISD security and technology departments)
This report includes highlights of projects. The list is not comprehensive and is subject to modification.