Mission Statement

The counselors of James Bowie High School will advocate for and serve students and families to be open-minded, global thinkers through academic, career, personal, and social development in their pursuit of becoming contributing members of their community.

Recommendation Letters

If you need a recommendation letter please do not wait until the last minute. Give your counselor or teacher as much time as possible. Don’t forget to bring a copy of your resume at the time of the request. You can use Career Cruising to create a resume.

College Visit Days

Seniors, don’t forget about college visit days! Notify your attendance clerk you go. And don’t forget to take your transcript with you on your college visits.

Transcript Requests

Transcript Request forms are available in the main counseling office. Transcripts take 24 hours to process so please plan ahead.

Verification of Enrollment (VOE)

Verification of Enrollment (VOE) forms for driving can be requested in the registrars office. Students can come before and after school or during lunch to fill out a short request form. Attendance will be verified and the VOE form can be picked up the next day. VOE forms require 24 hours to be processed so please plan ahead. Be Ready, Responsible and Respectful!


Forms for currently enrolled students including, Social Security forms, child support letters, housing forms, insurance forms and records for immigration/deferred action/dream act are all done in the Main Counseling Office and require 24 hours to process. If you have questions please call 682-867-4521.

Credit by Exam

Credit -by-Exam is a district wide opportunity for students to earn credit. Students and parents should review the district’s CBE policies and procedures. The student can then make a request to his/her school counselor to schedule the appropriate test during our published testing windows.

Records for Former Students

AISD does not keep copies of diplomas. Former students can order an official transcript from Transcript Services to provide proof of high school graduation. Please call them at 682-867-7665 or visit If you need to order a replacement diploma, you will need to make the request in person at Bowie High School. The diploma will cost $25.00 and will take 2 weeks to process.

Requests for Diploma: must be done in person

Requests for Official Transcript: contact Transcript Services 682-867-7665