Academic Dual Credit
Interested in earning college credit while in high school? Dual Credit is your answer.
Please check back regularly as information will be updated and posted as it's received. If you have questions or concerns, contact your child's counselor or Ms. Givens (Coordinator / email@example.com).
Students must meet the following criteria:
- 7.0 or higher GPA on the AISD scale
- Completion of sophomore year with 12.0 or more credits earned
- Qualifying test scores on the Texas Success Initiative (TSI):
- Reading - 351 or higher
- Writing – essay score of 5 OR essay score of 4 with a 340
- ** Students will be provided printed scores immediately after testing. Additionally, students can access electronic scores by logging into their TCC WebAdvisor account.
- Subjects offered:
- Juniors – US History, Psychology, Sociology
- Seniors – English, Government, Economics, Psychology, Sociology
Step By-Step Process
- Attend the Interest Meeting October 23, 2017 @ 6-7:30 PM in the Cafeteria. Students will have the opportunity to participate in the Pre-Assessment Activity and receive application assistance at the Interest Meeting.
- Complete TCC’s online application with ApplyTexas. Get help by following the application instructions. FIRST TIME APPLICANTS ONLY NEED APPLY. Application deadline is February 13, 2019.
- Attend the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) on:
- October 23, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
- October 24, 2018 @ 3:00 PM
- February 5, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- February 6, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- ** Choose one of the dates offered. You must attend one session BEFORE being assigned a TSI test date. **
- Set-Up WebAdvisor & myTCC accounts to submit residency documentation.
- Attend TSI testing on your assigned test date. Test will be administered at Bowie at 11:30 am – 4:30 pm. FIRST TIME TEST TAKERS ONLY
- November 14, 2018 (Application and PAA must be completed by October 28, 2018 to be assigned this test date)
- March 5, 2018
- March 6, 2018
- Bring scores to your counselor for course advisement.
- Register for eligible course(s) on WebAdvisor by deadline. NEW AND RETURNING STUDENTS MUST REGISTER COURSES THROUH WEBADVISOR.
* Each semester course is $59.00.
* Fees are waived for students on Free and Reduced Lunch.
* To make payment, see Ms. Givens in the Counseling Office. Credit card payments can be made through the AISD Web Store
* Any student who has not paid by the deadline established by the high school campus will risk being dropped from course(s).