In the Arlington ISD, we believe our success depends on an engaged community. That’s where our volunteers come in. For an hour a week to a few hours a day, you can make a difference on our campuses by giving any amount of time you have available! Here are a few out-of-the-ordinary ways you can get involved in the AISD as a volunteer:
Five Ways to Volunteer for AISD:
- Chaperone a field trip – Remember how much you loved field trips when you were in school? Today’s field trips are just as fun and sometimes better! Experience that again by going along as a chaperone!
- Be a Book Buddy – Connecting with children through reading is critical! Spend part of your day reading to students or having them read to you – it’s a great way to mentor and help a child!
- Volunteer for a committee – Schools have different district-level as well as campus-level committees that they need volunteers for, and your input is so valuable! Talk to your campus principal about how you can get involved with a committee that interests you.
- Be a classroom helper – Teachers love extra helping hands to hang bulletin boards, prepare packets and more. Small jobs to big, every little bit helps!
- Parent/Community group projects – Find a group with a common goal – whether you are parents at a campus or not – and make it happen! Clean out an atrium, help plan a fun math night or open doors for students as they arrive for a week – be creative and get involved!
How To Become apart of the engaged community and Volunteer in the AISD
If you are interested in being apart of the engaged community at the AISD, apply online at www.aisd.net/volunteer and then submit a copy of your unexpired government-issued photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. The process also includes reading the Volunteer Handbook. All volunteers must complete this application process every year.
Once officially approved, your volunteer status for the school year is immediately accessible through the schools in which you have selected. Yes, you can volunteer at multiple schools. You will also receive a system-generated email notification from email@example.com (make sure you check SPAM) once approved.
Please contact the Parent & Community Engagement Department concerning all approval issues. Volunteer office contact is (682) 867-7748.