5 Ways To Explore The World With Your Preschooler
The Arlington ISD is thrilled to be offering free full-day Pre-K for 4-year-olds for the first time ever. We’re here to celebrate our littlest learners with 5 Ways to Explore the World Without Leaving Home: Pre-K edition.
- Sesame Street has been a family favorite for more than 50 years, and there’s a good reason why. The iconic show has taught many small child letters, numbers, animal sounds, colors and more. The Arlington ISD loves Sesame Street, too. In fact, former Sesame Street star Sonia Manzano was the keynote speaker at the Arlington ISD’s fourth annual Pre-K Academy in 2018.
- “Pinkalicious,” “Daniel Tiger,” “Wild Kratts” and more all have fun educational activities for youngsters on pbskids.org. Draw, play games and create music on this colorful, easy-to-navigate site.
- Hidden Pictures are always a favorite in the popular kids magazine Highlights for Children, and on the Highlights Kids site, you can search Hidden Pictures online! Highlights Kids also has jokes, simple crafts and snacks to make, and more.
- The Pre-K & K Playground on Funbrain has age-appropriate books to read with your child, games to play and videos to watch. Activities are clearly marked by grade so you’ll know what will work for your child.
- Of course, if your child is a “Peppa Pig,” “Paw Patrol” or “Dora the Explorer” fan, Nick Jr. has games geared toward their favorite character. And for Disney lovers, there are plenty of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Vampirina” and “Doc McStuffins” activities on the Disney Junior site.
Register for Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year now! Find more information at www.aisd.net/prek.