Join the Arlington ISD Parent and Community Engagement Department along with the Xi Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and the Arlington Foundation for Excellence in Education for the 2019 Family Expo and Summer Resource Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 13, at the AISD Dan Dipert Career and Technical Center at 2101 Browning Drive in Arlington.
At the fair we will:
- Provide healthcare and wellness information for all family members
- Create a better understanding of financial choices, and develop financial skills
- Develop greater appreciation of the Arts
- Ignite conversations to reshape and transform families
- Strengthen family and community partnerships
This spectacular, free, family-centered expo is geared toward all ages. We are offering educational workshops designed to broaden the attendee’s awareness and skills in healthcare, wellness and financial literacy. Workshop sessions include:
- nutritional awareness,
- parenting issues,
- how to deal with cyber bullying,
- human trafficking concerns,
- dating violence,
- personal/professional skills development, and
- fun ways to help children increase their academic skills during the summer, and more!
In addition, FREE Health Screenings and Mobile Breast Cancer units will be available to provide preventive care. Students from the Arlington Independent School District will provide entertainment during the event. We will host an art contest for children, as well as refreshments and giveaways!
Free breakfast and lunch will be served. Click here to register.