We know your child is precious to you.
Sending them to school for the first time is a big deal!
We love them and make sure they are safe every minute of every day.
According to a study published by Raise Your Hand Texas – an advocacy group for public education in Texas – children who attend any type of preschool program were more likely to be ready (54 percent ready) for kindergarten than children who had not attended preschool (38 percent ready). High-quality pre-K programs, the study said, can lead to significant and sustained gains for young children.
When you walk into a pre-K classroom at any Arlington ISD school, you are going to find busy little people. And what exactly are they doing and learning?
- Playing in engaging centers that include math, science, reading, language arts, fine arts and home play
- Learning to recognize numbers and shapes and learning to count
- Learning the alphabet and phonics to increase oral language, communication and vocabulary
- Mastering letter recognition and working on written expression
- Pretending to cook and playing with play dough
- Spending one-on-one time with the teacher
- Enjoying recess and outside time with friends
- Exploring in the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) lab
- Learning during calendar and weather time
- Singing, listening to music and doing drama and plays
- Exercising with music
- Exploring in outdoor learning environments
- Creating through art, such as coloring, painting and more
- Learning to use scissors and how to hold a pencil
- Beginning writing
- Learning how to use technology
Giving your child the best start is the greatest
gift you can give them.
Set them up for a lifetime of success in a fun and safe
learning environment at the Arlington ISD pre-K.