The AISD Curriculum & Instruction Department is seeking dynamic teacher leaders to join the CIA Cadre who are committed to excellence in our schools to continue to build district-wide capacity & teacher leadership. CIA Cadre members assist in curriculum & assessment design to ongoing revisions of district curriculum documents including YAGs, Scope & Sequences, Unit Overviews, IFDs, and a variety of assessments.
CIA Cadre members engage in extensive training to gain a deeper understanding of pedagogical approaches to essential TEKS-based curriculum content and student-centered instruction including Active Learning Cycle, Teach for Understanding (TFU) Planning Cycle, ICLE’s Rigor & Relevance Framework, and the Best Practices.
Cadre members apply these principles in the curriculum and assessment design and ongoing revisions of the district curriculum, teacher support materials to be implemented in facilitating the continuous learning for peers to advance the district 2016-2021 strategic plan and improve the learner experience.
CADRE MEMBERS MUST:
- Hold a valid Texas teaching certificate with 3 years minimum of teaching experience,
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of TEKS, core content, & academic rigor,
- Utilize excellent oral & written communication & interpersonal skills,
- Display a strong ability to work independently as a self-starter with excellent time management & organizational skills,
- Commit to continuous learning, continuous improvement, equity, & excellence, and
- Complete an online application by March 18, 2019.
The 2019-2020 CIA Cadre application can be accessed at bit.ly/2sv2KKv. Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Monday, March 18, 2019.
Those selected for content specific interviews will be notified via their district email by the end of the day on Friday, March 29, 2019. Content specific interviews will occur between Monday, April 15 and Thursday, May 2, 2019. If applicants are interested in multiple content areas, there is an interview for each content area.
Once selected as 2019-20 CIA Cadre member, members must commit to a 12-month contract, attend the two-day Summer Intensive Learning Experience (July 26 & 29, 2019), attend content area specific days during the summer and throughout the school, complete all required deliverables throughout the school year, and show evidence of facilitating professional learning. A $3,000 a year stipend is dispensed four times as these commitments are completed throughout the year.
To learn more about what the CIA Cadre does and the impact it has on the AISD curriculum, attend an informational meeting. All informational meetings will occur at the PDC.
- Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 3:45 PM in Room 301A
- Monday, February 11, 2019 at 4:00 PM in Room 301A
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 4:30 PM in Room 801