Yes. However, this program is limited to 800 students.
Arlington ISD offers a prekindergarten program for 4-year-olds at 48 of our 53 elementary campuses. Twenty five of these campuses provide bilingual Spanish instruction. Any child who qualifies for the program will be enrolled in a class.
The prekindergarten program is provided for children who are
- economically disadvantaged
- limited English proficient
- dependents of active military personnel and/or dependents of military personnel injured or killed in action
- have ever been in the conservatorship of DFPS
AISD follows the state’s PK Curriculum Guidelines which include oral language development, early literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, personal, social and physical development.
Yes, once enrolled, students are required to adhere to the State Compulsory Attendance Law. The same truancy laws apply to prekindergarten as do to all other age groups.
The PK program follows the same calendar as the district. Arlington ISD PK is a half-day program.
- Morning Session
- 8:10 AM - 11:16 AM
- 8:10 AM - 10:10 AM (Early Release Schedule)
- Afternoon Session
- 12:29 PM - 3:35 PM
- 10:20 AM - 12:20 PM (Early Release Schedule)
For students who qualify for prekindergarten, there is no tuition charge; however, the district does offer a Paid PK4 program for those students who do not qualify for prekindergarten. The monthly tuition rate for half day is $263 and is due on the first day of each month. The monthly tuition rate for full day is $527 and is due on the first day of each month.
Day care center locations do charge for wrap around child care. Please check with individual child care centers for details.
No transportation is provided.
Yes, Prekindergarten student transfers, prior to the beginning of the school year for 4-year-old students, will be handled at the campus level. Your child must first be enrolled at his/her Home Campus before a transfer will be granted. Transfers will only be granted if space is available at the receiving school.
Yes, if the parent is:
- an Active Duty uniformed member of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard
- an Activated/Mobilized uniformed member of the Texas National Guard
- an Activated/Mobilized uniformed member of the Reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard
- Injured or wounded in combat
- Killed in action