- AISD provides free, half-day Prekindergarten to students that meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria (as outlined by TEA)
*Age is always calculated as of September 1 of the current school year (for the purposes of establishing eligibility).
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
For more information on eligibility please visit the Texas Education Agency Website.
Pre-4 Paid Program
Students age 4 have 2 Pre-K choices
- Half day program (morning or afternoon) at a rate of $263 per month
- Full day program at a rate of $527 per month.
Note that seating is limited. Parents will pay the school directly on the 1st of each month.
Paid Program Locations:
Active Duty Military Families
Children of active duty military personnel now qualify for PK services. This includes active duty, uniformed members of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard. This will also include Activated/Mobilized uniformed members of the Texas National Guard or Activated /Mobilized members of the reserves. Children of military personnel who were killed or injured while on active duty also qualify for PK services. The parent or guardian must verify military membership by presenting a Department of Defense photo ID, an official letter from a commander, Department of Defense death certificate form, or Purple Heart citation.