Our vision is to be the leading provider of comprehensive adult education courses in Tarrant County.
The mission of the Arlington ISD Adult Education and Literacy program is to provide English, math, reading, and writing instruction that helps learners obtain workforce certification, leads to career advancement, offers preparation for post-secondary education, results in an earned high school equivalency, and improves English language/literacy skills.
Classes/Training We Offer
Arlington ISD Adult Education and Literacy provides the following classes for adults in Tarrant County:
- GED/ABE/ASE/HSE (General Education Development/Adult Basic Education/Adult Secondary Education/High School Equivalency) – Free classes for adult learners seeking to obtain their high school equivalency (equal to high school diploma). REGISTER HERE for information about the next GED Orientation.
- ESL (English as Second Language) Free classes for adult English-language Learners (ELLs) looking to build/strengthen their English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. REGISTER HERE for information about the next ESL Orientation.
- Medical Career Trainings, IET (Integrated Education & Training) – Free classes for high-level learners to earn a certification through receive in-class and hands-on job training for a career as a Certified Nurse Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, EKG Technician, or Patient Care Technician. REGISTER HERE for the next IET Orientation.
- Workplace Literacy (*for Employers) – Free math, literacy, writing, English language communication, and workplace skills classes customized specifically for an employer and held at the employer’s location for their staff. Instructors and curriculum are provided onsite by the program at no cost to the employer. EMAIL US at email@example.com for more information about customized classes for your employees.
- EL Civics (English Literacy & Civics) – Free classes to assist adults who are preparing for U.S. citizenship.
- ESL for Professionals, ITP (for Internationally Trained Professionals) – For English language learners holding a foreign degree, certificate, or other professional credential.
Virtual and remote learning options are available! Registration and orientation are required to attend classes. Get started today! 817-402-7555.