WHAT WE DO
Support the District Vision to be a premier school district and a leader in education, by seeking and securing external funds for AISD programs and services; including collaborating with stakeholders on their submission of grant proposals — through Letters of Support and Memorandums of Understanding.
- Provide grant research and project development for district initiatives and campus-level projects
- Ensure grant compliance and monitoring
- Communicate with educational stakeholders
HOW WE CAN HELP
(K-12 districts, postsecondary educational institutes, civic/nonprofit organizations, businesses, community members)
- Provide all educational stakeholders with information in a timely manner regarding district grant initiatives and campus-level projects.
- Conduct/ facilitate meetings for faculty, planning teams, implementation focus groups
- Create and conduct training sessions for campus Project Managers, principals, and others
- Provide AISD campuses and personnel with potential grant opportunities and funding sources to support Campus Improvement Plans.
- Determine if an opportunity is a match for campus and student needs
- Provide writing guidance, technical assistance, and support in the application process
- Evaluate to ensure budgets are comprehensive and accurate
NOTE: ALL grant applications and awards must be cleared through the Grants/Fund Development Office AT LEAST 3 WEEKS PRIOR to grant deadlines. The best time to contact us is when you are just starting the project development.
AISD District Leadership
- Actively research, identify and cultivate external funding opportunities
- Monitor announcements from government agencies and private sources
- Maintain regular contact with funding agencies for potential opportunities
- Conduct internet research for funding sources and projects
- Develop outreach opportunities and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as: district leadership, universities, foundations, nonprofit organizations, businesses and civic organizations.
- Determine project and budget feasibility
- Prepare/review grant applications and budgets
- Assist the grant Project Manager and AISD Accounting Office in meeting compliance and monitoring requirements for local, state, and federal funding sources as needed.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards to utilize funds as intended, always keeping the students’ needs and District Vision in mind.
- Ensure timelines and procedures are followed
- Conduct campus site visits and coordinate audit efforts
- Collect and maintain data as appropriate
- Create and submit financial and programmatic progress reports
- Communicate with external evaluators and agencies as needed to ensure project/ program fidelity