The Staff Architect works with, and collaborates with, all Facility Services Departments. He provides consulting services to School Principals and District Administrators. Upon identification of funding sources he then works with the Purchasing Department to procure these projects.
Specific primary duties include:
- Planning / Feasibility Studies
- Cost Estimating
- Conceptual Building / Site Design
- Project Scheduling / Coordination
- Manage outside Architectural/Engineering firms
- Building Codes and Zoning Research
- In-House Consulting
- ADA Questions
- Maintain Construction Records and Facilities Inventory
The facility planning and construction department manages all facility renovations and construction funded by the 2019 Bond. Voters approved the Arlington ISD’s $966 million bond proposal on Nov. 5, 2019. Designed to improve facilities, provide access and equity for all students and build on the progress achieved through the 2014 Bond program, this bond program is addressing needs in four areas: facilities; transportation; safety, security and technology; and fine arts.
Learn more about the 2019 Bond: