Our aim is to provide well-maintained facilities for all of our students and staff. All service requests are prioritized and routed to the appropriate personnel each day. Each work order is assigned a priority based on the effect the request will have on safety or our ability to provide a functional and comfortable environment for teaching our children. Please let us know if we can assist with work order system questions or any other issues.
- Emergency and urgent requests are dispatched immediately upon the received call to the appropriate personnel. Emergency services are situations which will affect the life, health or safety of the occupants, or that would cause severe damage to a building.
- Projects such as adding electrical outlets, adding/removing walls or other installations should be requested in writing to the Executive Director of Plant Services. Requests for facility modifications/renovations will be reviewed by the Executive Director of Plant Services, and if appropriate, other Plant Services staff members. Based upon the scope and magnitude of an approved project, the work will be accomplished as the maintenance calendar permits. Requestors will be asked to provide a funding source for all approved projects.
- When entering routine work orders or calling in emergencies, it is very important to give us as much detail as possible regarding the problem and its exact location. Example: Replace ceiling tile with light fixture in Room 12 between window and teacher's cabinet - south wall.
- Before entering a duplicate work order, check the status on MaintenanceDirect. If you still have questions regarding the work order, please contact Dispatch or the department supervisor for information. Our goal is to respond within one business day with an update.
- The Telecommunications Department is not on the work order system. Therefore, work requests concerning PA systems, speakers, telephones, microphones, etc. must be called in to the Telecommunications Department.
Pest Management/ Environmental Services
Plant Services provides Integrated Pest Management and Environmental services through the District's Environmental Coordinator to ensure proper treatment. Buildings are routinely inspected and treated, if necessary, every 90 days. Kitchens, teachers' lounges and cafeterias are inspected and treated, if necessary, every month. If you have need for pest control beyond these services, please submit a work order via MaintenanceDirect. Emergencies should be called into Facilities Dispatch at 682-867-7612. All other inquiries should be directed to the Environmental /Safety Coordinator at 682-867-7610 or the IPM Coordinator at 682-867-7618. Additional information is available on the Environment Safety Page
Arlington Independent School District maintains over 1,600 acres of grounds. Grounds maintenance performs specified landscaping duties including, planting, mowing, trimming, pruning, fertilizing and athletic field maintenance. The grounds department also maintains all the irrigations systems at 74 locations, administration building and the annexes.
Projects desired by a facility or group (Dad’s Clubs, PTA’s, etc.) must first be approved by the Executive Director of Plant Services and reviewed by the Staff Architect. Requests for these projects should be submitted in writing.