In an effort to provide a platform to share the District’s energy initiatives and receive feedback from our teacher and staff constituency the Arlington ISD Energy Committee was formed in order to:
- Generate awareness of energy savings opportunities in the district
- Receive and evaluate energy savings ideas
- Provide constructive feedback on plans or policies
- Advocate energy efficiency within their school with all stakeholders
- Act as their school's advocate in committee meetings
Even with the addition of over half a million square feet of additional conditioned space, our district has seen tremendous savings in our utility costs. Because of that savings, the utility budget went from 15.5 million dollars in 2010-11 down to 11.8 million dollars this year. I’d call that a success!
- Attend and participate in district-wide meetings (5 meetings per school year)
- Focus on faculty and staff awareness through end of 2017-2018 School Year
- Assist in Student Awareness Campaign for 2017-2018 School Year
- Receive and Review District Report Cards and Utility Updates
- Communicate with their school and share School Energy Report Cards
- Provide constructive feedback on committee activity
Thanks for your support in saving critical district dollars!
Welcome 2019-2020 Energy Committee!
Our first District Energy Committee meeting will be the September 24, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. at the PDC. We can't wait to see everyone and roll out our new theme, "I AM A WATT WATCHER". Watt Watchers of Texas will be speaking at the meeting to explain how we can utilize the program.
Pearcy STEM Academy Reminds Us All to TURN IT OFF!
Adams Elementary Green Team Make Recycling Beautiful!