Welcome Back Energy Committee!
I hope you are all settling into this new school year nicely. Summer flew by this year; I
know we say that every year, but this year it seemed shorter than ever. I am so
delighted that you have decided to be a part of our amazing Energy Committee. I
welcome and value your positive energy and dedication to helping the district and the
environment. I look forward to working with you on the committee this year.
Each year, we choose a theme or motto to challenge and inspire our committee
members. Last year, our theme was, “You Have the Power”. Our Energy Committee
theme for this year is “Because it is the right thing to do”. This theme aligns very well
with the attitude and direction the energy committee takes every year.
I look forward to another great year! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with
questions, comments, or concerns. My email is email@example.com and my office phone
number is (682) 867-7655.
Our next District Energy Committee meeting will be Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at
4:30 p.m. at the PDC.
2018-2019 District Committee
2018-2019 Auxiliary Committee
In an effort to provide a platform to share the District’s energy initiatives and receive feedback from our teacher and staff constituency the Arlington ISD Energy Committee was formed in order to:
- Generate awareness of energy savings opportunities in the district
- Receive and evaluate energy savings ideas
- Provide constructive feedback on plans or policies
- Advocate energy efficiency within their school with all stakeholders
- Act as their school's advocate in committee meetings
Even with the addition of over half a million square feet of additional conditioned space, our district has seen tremendous savings in our utility costs. Because of that savings, the utility budget went from 15.5 million dollars in 2010-11 down to 11.8 million dollars this year. I’d call that a success!
- Attend and participate in district-wide meetings (5 meetings per school year)
- Focus on faculty and staff awareness through end of 2017-2018 School Year
- Assist in Student Awareness Campaign for 2017-2018 School Year
- Receive and Review District Report Cards and Utility Updates
- Communicate with their school and share School Energy Report Cards
- Provide constructive feedback on committee activity
Thanks for your support in saving critical district dollars!