Since July 2008, AISD has recycled:
- 1,525.187 tons of paper
- 104.62 tons of cardboard
- 55.18 tons of plastic & aluminum
- 2 Tons of e-waste
Commingled - Recycling Retriever
AISD is the first district in the country to implement the Recycling Retriever program.Provided by Abitibi Bowater, the new Recycling Retriever bins will accept:
- plastic bottles
- steel cans from the cafeteria
- flattened cardboard boxes
These bins are for school use only!
AISD is pleased to continue to offer the Paper Retriever program to all schools and the community. Please place these items in the Paper Retriever containers:
- office papers
- junk mail
Do not place cardboard in the Paper Retriever bins. School-generated cardboard goes in the new Recycling Retriever bins.For residents, cardboard is accepted in the City of Arlington's curbside recycling program
AISD accepts e-waste for recycling from all schools and district offices.
- toner/ink cartridges – leave in boxes (AISD accepts cartridges generated at schools only.Parents are encouraged to recycle cartridges from home and work at other locations such as office supply stores.)
- batteries – alkaline & rechargeable
- cell phones
- small electronics – calculators, chargers, media devices
Computers and printers are not accepted.