Programming & App Design Rules:
- Entries in this category are programs or apps created using recognizable programming languages such as Java, LOGO, Scratch, Alice, Tynker, C#, C++, etc.
- All code must be the student’s original work (use of built-in libraries and functions are allowed).
- Projects must include a screenshot or a .pdf of the code.
- Entries must not require a judge to login to a student or teacher account, program, or website to access the project.
- Curriculum Connection (30%): The education purpose is clearly evident; completion of this project results in the student’s mastery of subject-area and Tech TEKS; careful attention is given to writing, spelling, and grammar.
- Technical Skills & Complexity (20%): Technical manipulation and skill is evident; program runs without errors.
- Planning & Organization (20%): Student planning evident in pseudocode, flowcharts, algorithms, storyboards, or other files as applicable to the project; code is properly commented, if applicable.
- Creativity & Originality (20%): Evidence of creative approaches to problem solving or design; work is student created and original; elements add to the overall quality of the project and do not detract; purpose and audience is clear.
- Credits/Work Cited (10%): All works are properly credited and permission is granted in writing for their use, if applicable; all sources are properly cited (http://citationgenerator.weebly.com/).