Table of Contents
INFORMATION & NEWS
Seesaw is Arlington ISD’s adopted learning management system for Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade. It allows students to engage in interactive activities to “show what they know” through the use of photos, videos, drawings, shapes, and text.
Seesaw works on desktop and laptop computers and Chromebooks using a web browser, and on tablets and smartphones using the Seesaw Class app.
Canvas is Arlington ISD’s adopted learning management system for Grades 3-12. It will be used to allow students’ access to a variety of instructional resources and activities.
Canvas works in multiple internet browsers on desktop and laptop computers, Chromebooks, and on tablets and smartphones.
There are also two mobile apps to support At-Home Learning: Canvas Student and Canvas Parent.
How do parents/guardians access Canvas?
Canvas allows parents of enrolled AISD students to create an observer account.
- Learn more about the observer role in Canvas and access the steps for creating an observer account (English)
- Learn more about the observer role in Canvas and access the steps for creating an observer account (Spanish)
Language Translation Support
Arlington ISD wants to assist you in supporting your student's learning in every way possible. This includes providing materials and information to the public in multiple languages. While we currently provide most information in English and Spanish, we understand that there are many languages spoken in the households of AISD.
For languages not directly provided by AISD and for the translation of website content, we recommend the use of services like Google Translate. This service will translate text and documents (Word, Adobe PDF) into many different languages. We also recommend Google Translate's Chrome browser extension as a way to translate websites like Seesaw and Canvas, our learning management systems, as well as many other digital resources used by AISD.
- Accident Insurance (Students)
- Arlington Council of PTAs
- Bus Routes
- Center for Visual and Performing Arts
- Dad's Engaged for Excellence
- Dress Code
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention & Intervention
- Education Verification
- Families in Transition (Homeless)
- Family Engagement Calendar
- Foreign Exchange Student Programs
- Gifted & Talented
- Graduation Requirements for 2014-15 Freshmen
- Health Information and Forms
- High School Transcripts
- Hot Weather and Lightning Safety Info
- Lunch Menus
- NCLB: HQ Compliance
- Off-Campus PE Information
- Online Enrollment
- Parent Self Serve
- Registering a Student
- Report Cards
- School Hours
- School Search (view in Chrome)
- School Supply Lists
- Student/Parent Complaint/Appeal Form
- Summer School / Extended Year / Credit Recovery
- Transferring a Student