Kooken Guidance Counselor
As the school counselor, I visit classrooms every week delivering guidance lessons over topics such as bullying, respect, and cross-cultural awareness, see my monthly topics listed to the left. I also hold parent training in collaboration with our Family Involvement Rep on topics regarding their preschoolers. Along with guidance lessons and parent training, I meet with students individually and in small groups.
Some areas I can be of assistance to students, teachers, and parents are:
- Understand and accept themselves and others better.
- Cope with family changes.
- Develop decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Feel safe at school.
- Learn to handle strong emotions, such as anger and sadness.
- Learn conflict resolution skills.
- Use positive character traits to assist them in daily living.
Teachers and Administrators:
- Create a positive learning environment.
- Provide families with community agency information if needed/desired.
- Develop community partnerships to enhance student development.
- Understand their child’s emotions, behaviors, and learning styles.
- Assist parents in meeting their child’s needs.
I strive to promote the importance of kindness and respect on a daily basis. Please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns.
Monthly Focus Areas
Book/Lesson – Lecciones de PreK
August – Introductions / Agosto – Introducciones
September – Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns to Listen / Sept – Aprendiendo a Escuchar
October – Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns About Bullies / Oct – Aprendiendo sobre los Acosadores
November – Howard B. Wigglebottom Blends in Like Chameleons / Nov – Se mezcla como un camaleón
December/January – Howard B. Wigglebottom Listens to a Friend / Diciem/Enero – Escuchando a los Amigos
February – Howard B. Wigglebottom Listens to His Heart / Feb – Escuchando tú Corazón
March – Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns We Can All Get Along / Mar – Como llavarse Bien
April – Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns About Courage / Abr – Aprediendo sobre el Valor
May – Based on Campus Need / Mayo – Basado en las necesidades de la escuela
Family Matters Counseling 817-303-9191
Fielder Road Counseling 817-303-2020
Parenting Center 817-332-6348
UTA Counseling Center 817-272-2165
Cook’s Children’s Hospital 682-885-4000
Mission Arlington 817-277-6620
Safe Haven Woman’s Shelter 817-460-5566
Texas Dept. of Human Services 817-460-6491