I am very excited to be here at Kooken Education Center. I am enjoying my 11th year at Kooken and 13th year as a Counselor. I graduated from Texas A&M with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and received my Master’s Degree in Counseling and Guidance from Louisiana Tech University. As the school counselor I visit classrooms every week delivering guidance lessons over topics such as bullying, respect, and cross cultural awareness, see my monthly topics listed to the left. I also hold parent trainings in collaboration with our Family Involvement Rep on topics regarding their preschoolers . Along with guidance lessons and parent trainings, I meet with students individually and in small groups.
Below are some areas I can be of assistance to students, teachers and parents:
· Understand and accept themselves and others better.
· Cope with family changes.
· Develop decision-making and problem solving skills.
· Feel safe at school.
· Learn to handle strong emotions, such as anger and sadness.
· Learn conflict resolution skills.
· Use positive character traits to assist them in daily living.
Teachers and Administrators:
· Create a positive learning environment.
· Provide families with community agency information if needed/desired.
· Develop community partnerships to enhance student development.
· Understand their child’s emotions, behaviors, and learning styles.
· Assist parents in meeting their child’s needs.
I strive to promote the importance of kindness and respect on a daily basis. Please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns.