Breakfast and lunch will be offered for both in-person and virtual learning models.
There will be no charge for meals in-person or virtually. This plan is expected to end Jan. 1, 2021. USDA can change this plan at any time. If that happens, we will notify you immediately.
Students are encouraged to have their student ID number available at meal service locations.
- For eligible students in grades K - 12 entering school in the morning, they will be offered a Grab-n-Go breakfast to be eaten in the classroom or a designated area.
- Pre-K students will be served breakfast in the classroom.
- Pre-K students will be served lunch in the classroom.
- All other grades will be escorted to the cafeteria to pick up their meals and escorted back to their classrooms or a designated area to eat.
- Meals will be available in the cafeteria at all high school campuses, but students and staff will not be permitted to leave campus during lunchtime. No food deliveries or visitors will be allowed in the building during lunch periods. Students and staff can bring a lunch and/or snacks to school.
CURBSIDE MEALS FOR VIRTUAL LEARNERS
- Students engaged in virtual learning during the hybrid model will have access to meals at 30 locations daily from 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- The lunches are ready-to-eat meals and the breakfasts are for the following day.
- If the district is only conducting virtual learning, curbside meal service will occur from 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. twice per week from 30 sites.
INSTRUCTIONS & MENUS
MEAL DISTRIBUTION - LOCATIONS
- Berry Elementary
- Blanton Elementary
- Crouch Elementary
- Duff Elementary
- Farrell Elementary
- Foster Elementary
- Hale Elementary
- Johns Elementary
- Knox Elementary
- Larson Elementary
- Miller Elementary
- Pope Elementary
- Sherrod Elementary
- Short Elementary
- Speer Elementary
- Starrett Elementary
- Swift Elementary
- Wood Elementary
Junior High Schools
- Bailey Junior High
- Barnett Junior High
- Boles Junior High
- Nichols Junior High
- Ousley Junior High
- Shackelford Junior High
- Workman Junior High
- Young Junior High
- Dan Dipert Career + Technical Center
- Ferguson Education Center
- Sam Houston High School
- Seguin High School
Meal Distribution - Guidelines
- The student does not need to be enrolled at Arlington ISD, but we request that all enrolled Arlington ISD students provide their student ID number to receive meals.
- Meals will be free for all children 18 and under.
- Parents/guardians can pick up meals for children who are not present if appropriate documentation is shown. The following forms of identification are allowed:
- Student ID badge from the child’s school
- Student report card from the 2019-20 school year
- Birth certificate
- An official letter/email from a district, charter or private school showing children in the household.
- The extended meal flexibilities may end at any time and are expected to end on Jan. 1, 2021.
- Students enrolled in a campus operating the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) will receive free meals at all meal distribution sites.
- Meal benefit applications are available online at http://arlingtonisd.schoollunchapp.com or by going to the Arlington ISD Food and Nutrition Services Department home page.
- This application is available throughout the year at the Food and Nutrition Services office located at 5618 West Arkansas Lane, Arlington, TX 76016, between 7:30 am –4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- For assistance call Food and Nutrition Services at (682) 867-7880.