Arlington ISD believes that teaching the whole child is especially important during these times of uncertainty.
With that in mind, we encourage families to look for opportunities to provide Social and Emotional Learning opportunities at home while the school district is closed for normal operations.
Social and emotional learning is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to:
- understand and manage emotions,
- set and achieve positive goals,
- feel and show empathy for others,
- establish and maintain positive relationships;
- make responsible decisions.
Activities for Social and Emotional Learning
Here is an activity worksheet that provides some simple activities to help our students grow in these areas: