Notification Regarding Logging into Chromebooks
It is very important that you are logging on to the Chromebook with your AISD credentials rather than using guest mode.
Some advantages of logging on with your AISD credentials are:
- You are automatically logged on to Google Docs, Mail, and YouTube.
- All of the applications assigned to you are available with your account.
- Certain services and application may not work in Guest Mode
How do I log on to the Chromebook with my account?
- Click “Add Person” located in the bottom left hand corner.
- Enter your District Username and click “Next”.
DON'T KNOW YOUR USERNAME?
The username for students is the first five letters of the student's last name in TEAMS + their student ID.
- Enter your Password and click “Next”.
- You’re now on your own Google Desktop and should log on this way from now on.
I’m getting a message about “unlock and restore data”?
If you are getting a message about unlocking and that your passwords do not match, don’t worry! We can get you through this error!
- If the Chromebook asks for your old password, click “Forgot your old password?”
- Now click, “Proceed anyway”.
- You can now log on to your Chromebook with your updated password.
WHY DID IT ASK FOR MY OLD PASSWORD?
- This happens when a student uses the Chromebook, modifies their profile settings or changes their password at a different device - may be it was on a different Chromebook in another class, or working from home - then comes back to your class to log in again. The Chromebook recognizes that the user has logged into this device before, but doesn't recognize the (new) password. Chrome thinks it's being helpful by asking for the old password to sync any data that may have been stored locally on the device.
- This is only an issue for data stored on the local machine. It does NOT affect the user's ability to access data stored in the cloud (Drive, Docs, Mail, etc). Students should not be downloading content or storing data on the local machine. All files should be stored in the student's Google Drive account.