Follow your path through logistics
and the engineering involved in manufacturing.
- Learn about distribution, logistics and advanced manufacturing
- Understand the science involved in the business world
- Mentor with Flex-N-Gate, the industry partner for the program
- Take advantage of opportunities to earn Level 1 certifications
- Put yourself on the path to be a logistician, a job that has a state growth of 48 perecent
- Set yourself up as an electromechanical technician, which has an average salary in Tarrant County of more than $75,000
In addition to all of the unique P-TECH offerings, your child can also participate in traditional high school activities such as athletics, fine arts and extracurricular clubs and organizations.
When your child completes the P-TECH program,
they’ll be confident and ready for college or fully prepared for a great career.
P-TECH is free for ALL Arlington ISD students and those enrolling from outside of the district.
A P-TECH program offers your child everything they need to explore their passions.
- Earn a high school diploma, up to 60 hours of FREE college credit from Tarrant County College and industry certifications
- Gain relevant work experience in a fast-growing field
- Receive academic and social supports in a strategic and individualized fashion from professional staff members
- Participate in age-appropriate work-based learning opportunities at ever grade level
- Develop soft skills needed for college and career success
65% of kids starting school today will work in jobs that don’t exist now.
Prepare for this new reality today.
Make a seamless transition from high school to college or an in-demand career.
How to launch your P-TECH education:
Identify if P-TECH is right for your child.
Apply for P-TECH at Sam Houston High School during the application window.
Watch your student thrive.
We understand that the choice to give your child a unique education is a big one.
At P-TECH at Sam Houston High School, students receive all the benefits of the Arlington ISD whole-child education, plus an opportunity to nurture their passions.
Arlington ISD P-TECH staff are committed to helping your child succeed.
- Automatic enrollment in AVID
- Tutoring and test preparations tailored for each student
- P-TECH peer support groups
- Frequent check-ins from counselors and staff
- Summer bridge programming offered
- Application assistance provided
- Free transportation from hub locations across the district
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS P-TECH?
WHAT IS THE FOCUS OF P-TECH AT SAM HOUSTON HIGH SCHOOL?
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
HOW DO INDUSTRY PARTNERS IMPACT THE STUDENT LEARNING EXPERIENCE?
ARE THERE PREREQUISITES?
HOW DO I APPLY AND WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
WILL STUDENTS BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN AP AND IB COURSES?
WHAT IS DUAL CREDIT?
DO YOU ACCEPT OUT-OF-DISTRICT STUDENTS?
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I WAS ACCEPTED?
IS THERE A COST TO ATTEND SAM HOUSTON P-TECH?
IS THERE TRANSPORTATION?
Transportation is not provided for out-of-district students.
WILL I HAVE TO PAY TUITION FOR COLLEGE-LEVEL CLASSES?
WHEN WILL STUDENTS START TAKING COLLEGE-LEVEL CLASSES?
CAN MY CHILD PLAY SPORTS OR PARTICIPATE IN FINE ARTS WHILE AT THIS SCHOOL?
Are students able to re-apply if they were not accepted as a freshman?
ARE THERE OTHER SCHOOLS I CAN GO TO IF I DON’T GET INTO THIS ONE?
- Arlington Collegiate High School
- Arlington College and Career High School
- Bowie P-TECH
- Lamar P-TECH
- Seguin P-TECH
- STEM Academy at Martin High School
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
Your child has an incredible path ahead.
A P-TECH education will provide them with opportunities to change the world.