Please see below for information and notices related to COVID-19.
DAILY WELLNESS SURVEY
A wellness survey is to be completed by every parent and student daily.
Please click the link below and select your grade level for their weekly update.
INSTRUCTIONAL CHANGE REQUEST
Use the form below to request a change for a student to move from face-to-face to virtual learning or vice-versa.
All parents, teachers, campus leaders, and students (grades 3-12) are encouraged to take the Modern Learning Survey before March 14, 2021. Parents with multiple AISD students only need to take the survey once.
The entire school is assigned to one of four houses. Students, staff, and administrators are all in a competition to win the house party at the end of each six weeks. Get updates on this friendly competition and more through Class Dojo.
Sherrod parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s education. While some parents can only be involved in working with their child at home: checking backpacks for notes, going over school papers, and reading with their child, others may want to become involved directly on the school campus. Listed below are some but not all opportunities available for parental involvement.
- SITE-BASED DECISION-MAKING COMMITTEE (SBDM)
- ACADEMIC COACHING CLASSES
- SHERROD ELEMENTARY DAD’S CLUB
Principal: Dr. Michelle Cummings
Assistant Principal: Chandler Garcia
Assistant Principal: Cathye Smith
Dean of Instruction: Daeja Boateng
About Sherrod Elementary
THE MISSION DEFINES WHAT WE AS A SCHOOL STRIVE TO ACHIEVE EVERY DAY.
At Sherrod Elementary, we are dedicated to promoting students’ academic, social, and emotional growth through instruction and real-world experiences. We strive daily to create self-motivated, independent-thinking, productive citizens.
THE VISION DESCRIBES THE PICTURE OF WHAT WE KNOW SHERROD CAN BECOME.
The vision of Sherrod Elementary is to be known as an educational institution where our scholars lives are enriched through rigorous and relevant learning experiences that not only speak to who they are, but give possibility to who they can become.
VALUES ARE COLLECTIVE COMMITMENTS. THEY DESCRIBE THE BEHAVIORS THAT SHERROD IS COMMITTED TO IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION AND VISION.
- We engage learners through differentiated instruction.
- We collaborate vertically and horizontally.
- We provide positive feedback to parents.
- We use a gradual release model (I do – We do – You do)
- We use technology as a tool to increase student learning.
- We model everything before we ask students to do so.
- We increase higher level questioning and problem-solving.
- We create meaningful relationships with each individual student.
- We commit to using small groups on a regular basis in our classrooms.