STEM Academy Information
Application Process - How to Apply
The STEM Academy Application is available on this website or at the AISD Specialized Programs page.
Application window opens November 1, 2021 at noon and closes at 5:00 pm on January 28, 2022.
Online applications must be completed by January 28, 2022. Applicants not currently enrolled in AISD are required to mail an official 7th and fall 8th grade report and a copy of their utility bill to show residency. These documents must be postmarked on or before January 28, 2022 and mailed or delivered to the AISD STEM Academy at the address below.
Required documents must be postmarked on or before January 28, 2022 and mailed or delivered to
AISD STEM Academy, 4501 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd, Arlington Texas 76016.
|Steps to Admission to the AISD STEM Academy|
|STEM Academy Informational Meetings||Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. or Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 7:00 p.m., Martin High School Auditorium
(You only need attend one meeting. Attendance is NOT mandatory at either session.)
|STEM Academy Application Submissions||Application window opens November 1, 2021 at noon and applications are due by 5:00 pm January 28, 2022|
|STEM Academy Interview Notifications||February 18, 2022 – all applicants will be notified by email|
|STEM Academy Interviews||February 28th-March 1st|
|STEM Academy Admission Notifications||March 7, 2022 at 3 pm - letters will be emailed to all students who completed the STEM Academy interview process
|Student Decision Deadline||March 10, 2022|
Requirements and Criteria for Admission
Requirements to be eligible to apply to the STEM Academy
- Current 8th grader
- Semester average of 80 or better in all 7th & 8th grade core classes
- Successful completion of Pre-AP Algebra I prior to the start of school
- Section A – Transcript (If you are currently an AISD student, the AISD STEM Academy will obtain a copy of your transcript. Students not enrolled in AISD must provide by mail or delivery an official copy of their transcript showing 7th & 8th grade.)
- Section B – Student Information
- Section C – Student Statement
- Section D – Parent/Guardian Statement
Teacher and Counselor/Administrator Recommendations
- Requests for recommendations will be sent by email by the STEM Academy.
Interview and Assessment
- Complete an individual interview with STEM Academy staff
- Complete the on-site writing assignment