Table of Contents
Need this page in another language?
Select from the dropdown at the top of this page.
Resources and Activities
The Arlington ISD 18 PLUSS Community-based Transition Program can effectively address vocational skill-building beyond the classroom for adult learners with disabilities. The online resources and activities listed below will help students reinforce vocational skill-building while at home.
Online Resources Available
For Interviewing Skills:
This interview skills video series provides ‘tips and tricks’ to help students with the interview process when seeking employment.
For Employment Skills:
Employment skills video https://www.pacer.org/transition/video/series.asp?se=39
For Money and Time Management Skills:
https://www.mathfactcafe.com/ - Math Fact Cafe provides parents and teachers the best generators for free K-5 math worksheets. This includes math worksheets, flashcards, counting, time, money, conversion problems and much more. Our site allows visitors to access hundreds of pre-generated math worksheets or use awesome worksheet generators to create custom worksheets to meet a child's specific needs.
Skills to Pay the Bills - National Parent Center on Transition and Employment
- Skills to Pay the Bills: Communication
- This video is one of five from the Department of Labor’s Skills to Pay the Bills series. Information is targeted to youth, ages 14 to 21, in both in-school and out-of-school environments. https://www.pacer.org/transition/video/series.asp?se=39
Activities to do at Home
- Complete chores around the house, including cleaning your room, washing the dishes, taking out the trash, etc.
- Research 3 jobs of interest including hours, educational/job requirements, salary, etc.
- Learn/memorize personal information (e.g., address, phone number, parents full name and phone number, ssn#, who to call if there is an emergency, medication you take if applicable)
- Create and follow a daily schedule that includes breaks and lunch to practice a job routine.
- Community Activity
- Design a map of your community.
- Create a list of people in your community you might ask to help you find a job.
- Play Personal Hygiene Jeopardy
- This link provides access to a Jeopardy-style classroom review game focusing on personal hygiene. It’s Free, Easy and Loads of fun! You can create engaging Jeopardy-style quiz games in minutes or choose from millions of existing Jeopardy game templates. - https://www.playfactile.com/shinehygiene