Need this page in another language?
Select from the dropdown at the top of this page.
Grades PK-12: Access the activities listed below. For more resources, navigate to the Student Hub https://www.aisd.net/students/at-home-learning/student-hub/ to access the PK-12 Summer Learning which provides additional resources for ELA, math, science, and social studies.
Vocational skills can be addressed beyond the classroom and practiced daily at home. The online resource and activities listed below will help students reinforce vocational learning while at home.
Online Resource for Interviewing Skills
This interview skills video series provides ‘tips and tricks’ to help students with the interview process when seeking employment.
Activities to do at Home:
- Complete chores around the house, including cleaning your room, washing the dishes, taking out the trash, etc.
- Make a resume. Complete an online application (no need to submit)
- Learn/memorize personal information (e.g., address, phone number, parents full name and phone number, ssn#, who to call if there is an emergency, what medication you take if applicable).
- Create and follow a daily schedule that includes breaks and lunch to practice a job routine.
- Research 3 jobs of interest including the job’s hours, educational/job requirements, salary, etc.
- Play Personal Hygiene Jeopardy
- This link provides access to a Jeopardy-style classroom review game focusing on personal hygiene. It’s Free, Easy and Loads of fun! You can create engaging Jeopardy-style quiz games in minutes or choose from millions of existing Jeopardy game templates. - https://www.playfactile.com/shinehygiene
- Self Determination/Self Advocacy
- Write, verbally state, or use a communication device, list 5 positive things about yourself.
- Discuss: What do you know about volunteering? What would you like to know about volunteering? Select a volunteer activity that you would like to further explore